A non-profit organization, the Regional Arts & Culture Council supports the creative economy in greater Portland by equitably providing funding and services to artists and art organizations; managing and growing our diverse, nationally-acclaimed, public art program; and developing long-lasting public and private partnerships. We connect artists and creatives to opportunity and access.
Detail from, We are Still Here, Kayin Talton Davis with Cleo Davis, 2020. Lizzie Weeks Room, Portland Building.
A thriving region, powered by creativity, with arts and culture in every neighborhood.
To enrich our communities through arts and culture.
- Accessibility – Inclusion, simplicity, and ease
- Advocacy – Visibility, resources, and impact
- Equity – Racial justice and representation in services and investments
- Diversity – Of art forms and artistic traditions
- Community – For belonging, support, and connection
- Innovation – Testing and adapting; finding new ways to deliver value.
Programs and Services:
We provide service to our partners and the public in five key areas:
- Through advocacy, we help build support for a strong arts and culture community.
- We provide artists and arts organizations financial support through operating support and project grants
- Our nationally-acclaimed public art program integrates a wide range of art in public places. RACC manages Percent for Art programs for the City of Portland and Multnomah county.
- We provide other community services, including workshops for artists, organizational consulting, and a variety of printed and on-line resources.
- We support arts education by directly funding artists residencies in schools. We are working on a comprehensive solution to provide integrated Arts Education learning for every student in the region.
RACC’s Strategic Framework 2020-22
Staff and RACC’s Board of Directors adopted a Strategic Framework 2020-22 in June 2020 with the following five high-level goals:
- Goal 1: Build an equitable, innovative, and sustainable organization
- Goal 2: Increase Access
- Goal 3: Advocate for Arts & Culture
- Goal 4: Diversify & Increase Resources
- Goal 5: Drive Innovation & Partnership
Learn more about RACC’s goals, objectives and how we can work together, now and in the future.